Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Makeup Artist's Spooky Transformations

Makeup Artist's Spooky Transformations, Goldie Starling reveals her tricks for completely making yourself over this Halloween. Glam Meets Gore: Goldie Starling's Awesome Halloween Makeup Tutorials, A fierce pirate wench, with puckered scars running along the side of her face. An eerie doll, with pursed lips and hauntingly oversize eyes. A grim Jack the Ripper and his final victim, Mary Kelly, her throat slashed and oozing blood.... Goldie Starling's Halloween make-up creations are a creepy combination of glam and gore-and she shares her beauty secrets in her deeply detailed video tutorials.

"When I started making tutorials there weren't a lot of people uploading artistic tutorials so I decided to try it out," Starling, who lives in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, told Yahoo! Shine in an interview. "There was definitely a learning curve but after four years I feel like I've grown so much as an artist. And my subscribers have helped encourage me the most. When I learn a new technique I get excited to share it with them. That passion for learning has kept me going."

Starling, whose real name is Angie Davis, has no formal training as a makeup artist-she has a Bachelor of Fine Arts in graphic design and computer animation-but her love of drawing and painting helped her hone her makeup skills. (You can see some of her other amazing looks on her Facebook fan page.) She currently works as a freelance makeup artist, a cake decorator, and a graphic designer, she says. And of course Halloween is one of her favorite holidays.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment