Wednesday, October 10, 2012

CEO: You Could Be Fired If Obama Wins

CEO: You Could Be Fired If Obama Wins, David Siegel sends a memo to all 7,000 of his employees warning of layoffs. CEO to Workers: I May Fire You if Obama Wins, David Siegel, the owner of Westgate Resorts, sent a surprising email to his employees Monday. It said that if President Barack Obama wins re-election and raises Siegel's taxes, he will have to lay off workers and downsize his company - or even shut it down. "If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company," he wrote. "Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back.

This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone." In a version of Romney's "47 percent" remarks, Siegel added that "people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for." The points are ones that have often been made during this election.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment