Sunday, October 7, 2012

How To Make Perfect Gravy In Two Easy Steps

How To Make Perfect Gravy In Two Easy Steps, Get fail-proof results for your Thanksgiving dinner with one expert's two-step formula. Easiest Thanksgiving gravy in two simple steps, I'll never forget the holiday I spent with my then-boyfriend's family: his sister asked me to make gravy then handed me a Mason jar. I was completely perplexed! Apparently she expected me to shake flour and water together in the jar. Clearly there are a few misconceptions about gravy out there.

But it should be a simple formula: blend fat with flour, then add liquid. Gravy has to start with fat, usually the drippings from the roast you've just pulled out of your oven. Transfer the bird to a warm platter (and tent it with foil) and check out what's left in the pan. Spoon out all but about ¼ cup of the fat, and leave any of the lovely browned bits in the pan. Put the pan over 2 burners if necessary to get the whole thing hot and then sprinkle in about ¼ cup all-purpose flour.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment