Friday, October 5, 2012

Victory For Boy Barred From School Team

Victory For Boy Barred From School Team, An 11-year-old's unusual tribute to his sick mom made waves in Indiana town. Boy Basketball Hopeful Barred for Pink Breast-Cancer Mohawk Claims Victory, To raise awareness of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and to support his mother who was diagnosed with the disease a year ago, Trevor Foster, 11, of Columbus, Ind., decided to sport a pink mohawk complete with a breast cancer ribbon design on the side.

"I told my dad I had doubts I wasn't going to be able to do basketball because of it," he said. "But he told me that wouldn't happen and I had nothing to worry about."

But the sixth-grader at Clifty Creek Elementary School was stopped by the school's principal, Cynthia Frost, on his way to school.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment